Dog Behavior and Dog Training CredentialsMeet the Canine Behavior Science Team
At Canine Behavior Science, our team of behavior consultants and dog trainers are constantly learning. Each of us are passionate about bringing you evidence-based practice that is efficient, humane and effective for both you and your dog.
Randi Rossman, CBCC-KA, ACDBC, CEO and Behavior Executive
Randi supervises all training and behavior consulting. She conducts all initial assessments and oversees the development of training and behavior plans. She is focused on improving the lives of both the humans and the dogs, and her academic background and career not only includes animal training but also human behavior change.
Randi became interested in dog training and dog behavior modification with the adoption of her dog Ringo, who had a history of abuse and neglect. She started Canine Behavior Science in 2014 to marry her business and animal training background to provide quality behavior services for people and their dogs.
- Graduate certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis from Florida Institute of Technology
- Certified as a Behavior Consultant Canine by CCPDT
- Certified as a Dog Behavior Consultant by IAABC
- Admin for Fearful Dogs Facebook Group
- FearFree Pet Certified Level 2
- Authored ABA 101 for IAABC’s Principles and Practices Course
- Animal training mentors include Jean Donaldson, Bob Bailey, and Parvene Farhoody
Jennifer Phillips, CPDT-KA, KPA-CTP, Dog Behavior Manager
Jennifer Phillips does our phone consults and manages behavior program development for Çanine Behavior Science. She has worn many hats in the animal industry: zookeeper, wildlife rehabber, trainer, docent, and educator. After acquiring two dogs with reactivity and fear issues, she left her longtime career as a legal assistant and began an educational journey to become a professional animal trainer. Her passion is educating owners about environmental enrichment, training, and helping people develop deep and meaningful relationships with their animals.
Jennifer lives in Los Angeles with her two mixed breed dogs, two Green Aracaris, and three African Grey parrots.
- Certificate in Applied Animal Behavior from University of Washington
- Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner
- Certified Canine Fitness Training from the University of Tennessee and FitPaws
- Certified Fear Free Professional
- Animal training mentors include Susan Friedman, Bob Bailey, Parvene Farhoody, Steve Martin and Susan Garrett
Kirsten Hansen, CPDT-KA, Dog Trainer
Kirsten Hansen oversees Canine Behavior Science’s puppy and rescue dog programs.
Kirsten became interested in dog training and behavior with her beagle, Baxter. Kirsten worked with a variety of trainers to help Baxter, and through that process learned the importance of applying the science of behavior to help change behavior and emotions.
In 2013 Kirsten and her husband moved to Europe where she began taking courses at the Institute of Modern Dog Trainers. After moving back to the United States, Kirsten began her mentorship with Randi. She recently adopted a new dog and through that process has developed a new passion for helping shelter dogs assimilate into their new homes.
- Working towards CDBC and CBCC certifications
- Leads puppy and rescue programs
- Volunteers at Homeward Pet Adoption
- Has studied with Susan Friedman, Parvene Farhoody, and Ken Ramirez
- A decade of volunteering with shelters
Bethany Guinn, KPA-CTP, Dog Trainer
Bethany Guinn oversees Canine Behavior Science’s dog/baby/children and multi-dog household programs.
With a passion to work with animals, Bethany has experience at a zoo, animal shelter, groomer, vet, and dog daycare /boarding facility. Managing off-leash playgroups at the daycare provided invaluable experience learning about dog body language and sparked her interest in dog training. In 2013 she completed the Karen Pryor Academy Dog Trainer Professional program. Learning the science behind dog training transformed her relationship with both her personal dogs and professional relationship in the dog industry.
- BA in Animal Sciences from Washington State University
- Specialization includes integrating children and dogs together
- Expertise in dog-dog and multi-dog households