Meet the Team
Success with your dog will come down to the skills (both dog and people) of the trainers and behavior consultants.
We’re a group of fun animal lovers who are passionate about delivering the most humane, evidence-based training. We are as passionate about helping people as we are about helping the dogs.
Randi Rossman: CBCC-KA, ACDBC, Behavior and Business Executive
Randi supervises all training and behavior consulting. She conducts all initial assessments and oversees the development of training and behavior plans. She is focused on improving the lives of both the humans and the dogs, and her academic background and career not only includes animal training but also human behavior change.
Randi became interested in dog training and dog behavior modification with the adoption of her dog Ringo, who had a history of abuse and neglect. She started Canine Behavior Science in 2014 to marry her business and animal training background to provide quality behavior services for people and their dogs.
- Masters certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis from Florida Institute of Technology
- Certified as a Behavior Consultant Canine by CCPDT
- Certified as a Dog Behavior Consultant by IAABC
- Admin for Fearful Dogs Facebook Group
- Certified Fear Free Professional, Level 2
- Authored ABA 101 for IAABC’s Principles and Practices Course
- Animal training mentors include Jean Donaldson, Bob Bailey, and Parvene Farhoody
Bethany Guinn: KPA-CTP, Associate Behavior Consultant
Bethany Guinn oversees Canine Behavior Science’s dog/baby/children and multi-dog household programs.
With a passion to work with animals, Bethany has experience at a zoo, animal shelter, groomer, vet, and dog daycare /boarding facility. Managing off-leash playgroups at the daycare provided invaluable experience learning about dog body language and sparked her interest in dog training. In 2013 she completed the Karen Pryor Academy Dog Trainer Professional program. Learning the science behind dog training transformed her relationship with both her personal dogs and professional relationship in the dog industry.
- BS in Animal Sciences from Washington State University
- Specialization includes integrating children and dogs together
- Expertise in dog-dog and multi-dog households
- Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
Eileen Anderson: Writer, Editor, and Content Strategist
Eileen is a popular dog writer whose work has been featured in the IAABC Journal, Barks from the Guild, Clean Run Agility Magazine, and on her own blogs, “Eileen and Dogs” and “Dog Dementia: Help and Support.” Her book on canine cognitive dysfunction won a 2016 Maxwell Award from the Dog Writers Association of America.
She maintains a lifelong passion for making technology accessible for underserved populations, and she specializes in translating difficult concepts into lay terms.
- MM from San Francisco Conservatory of Music (harpsichord performance)
- MS in Engineering Science from University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- Certificate of Excellence from Dr. Susan Friedman’s professional course, Living and Learning with Animals
- Received award, “The Academy Applauds” in 2015 from the Academy for Dog Trainers
- Specializes in science-based sound recordings for dogs with sound phobia
Jennifer Summerfield DVM, CPDT-KA: Advisory Board Member
“Dr. Jen” advises Canine Behavior Science staff on issues that overlap behavior and veterinary medicine, is a liaison with the veterinary
With her rare combination of credentials as a veterinarian and a certified professional dog trainer, she brings professional expertise in dog health, behavior, and training.
In addition to her veterinary practice, Dr. Jen works as a dog trainer, taking on behavioral cases including aggression, separation anxiety, and compulsive behavior issues. She also teaches group classes and private lessons in basic pet dog obedience and several dog sports.
- DVM – Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine
- BS in biology – Sweet Briar College
- Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA)
- Member, American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB)
- Member, Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT)